Assalaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

398. A Sinner...That’s Better Than The Pious?

By Asma bint Shameem 

Ibn al-Qayyim said:
How *close* this *sinner* is to the *MERCY* of Allaah, and how *close* this *conceited* one is to the *WRATH* of Allaah! 

A *sin* that leads to *humility* is *MORE BELOVED* to Him than an act of *obedience* which fills a person with *conceit*. 

If you *sleep all night* then wake up feeling *regret* (for not having prayed qiyaam al-layl), that may be *BETTER* for you than if you were to pray all night and wake up in the morning filled with 
*self-admiration*; 
for the deeds of the one who admires himself are *NOT ACCEPTED.* 

Perhaps your *laughing* whilst admitting to your *shortcomings* is *BETTER* than your *weeping* with *piety* but being filled with *conceit*. 

The *GROANING* of the *SINNER* is *MORE BELOVED* to Allaah than the *tasbeeh* of the *conceited*.”
(Madaarij al-Saalikeen, 1/177, 178) 

Subhaan Allaah!

No matter how many times we read this reminder from Ibn al-Qayyim, it’ll never be enough!

_*“The groaning of the sinners is more beloved to Allaah than the tasbeeh of the conceited!!”*_

What a reminder for ALL of us!

Ask yourself this:

- Am I being ‘amazed’ by my own good deeds?

- Am I looking down on someone, even if he’s a sinner?

- Am I backbiting someone?

- Or mocking another?

- Do I feel I’m better, smarter, closer to Allaah, more pious than others?

- Do I think I don’t sin?

- Is *‘self-admiration’* a word somewhere in my vocabulary?

If *yes* to any of the above, then better be careful. 

And make Taubah. NOW. 

Don’t be counted amongst the conceited.

No comments: