Assalaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

532. Niqaab

 Basically there are two opinions among the ulama about the niqaab. 

One group says it’s mandatory based on evidences from the Qur’aan amd authentic Sunnah 

But the other group says niqaab is not mandatory, rather it’s something mustahabb or recommended. 

And they base their opinion on Qur’aan and authentic Sunnah as well. 

Both these groups are ulama of Ahle Sunnah wal Jama’ah and both of these groups have valid points but the difference lies in how each group of ulama understood and interpreted these Aayaat and ahaadeeth. 

And Allaah knows best about that. 

What I personally advise my students is to always try and err on the side of caution and be on the safe side. 
And that’s why I myself cover my face with niqaab. 

But if someone follows the other opinion and decides not to cover the face but cover the hair and body only, then they’re allowed to do that. 

And I cannot definitely say that they’re wrong. 
Thats because covering the hair and body is what is basically required of a muslim woman and they’re doing that Alhamdulillaah. 

And Allaah knows best

No comments: